The town of Chalon-sur-Saône is more than half an hour's drive from the holiday park. The interesting part of this large city is the old town centre (pedestrian area), situated on the river Saône. Highlights of the city are:
- Saint Vincent's Cathedral: on the square opposite the cathedral you can imagine yourself in the Middle Ages.
- Church Saint-Pierre
- Place Mathias: a garden with eight different environments and a large birdcage
- Park St. Nicolas: rose garden with 26,000 varieties of roses
- Canal cruise on the Saône
- Museum Niepcke on the river quay: everything about the invention of the photo camera
- Abbaye de la Ferté
The tourist office is located just next to the N6 on the 4 Place du Port Villiers. Guided city tours are provided. Groceries are available in the city centre (pedestrian area) or in the south of the city at the Carrefour. There are also several supermarkets like a Lidl or Aldi in Chalon.